xSpool – File spooler
- xSpool is a file manager.
- It monitors a folder to process any new file
- 1. In all cases where an application cannot call a dynamic library:
- (Windows .dll, Linux .so or Apple .dylib)
- 2. To process files automatically and asynchronously from one or more sources.
- 3. If you don’t know how to implement a vpxPrint call from your development language…
- 1. A character application cannot call the vpxPrint dynamic library but can create an .xpr file,
- 2. The creation of the .xpr file can be done in batch,
- 3. The .xpr file may be created by a different system (legacy applications in character mode).
How it works
xSpool runs in minimized mode in the system tray.
It monitors the files in a local or remote folder.
Local files or remote files on a shared drive or an FTP server.
When a new file is detected…
xSpool processes the file with the associated application.
The .xpr files are automatically associated with vpxPrint.
Different fine settings:
- Processes files by registered suffix,
- Encrypting of FTP connection parameters,
- Runs *.bat files,
- Unzips *.zip files before processing,
- Optional backup of processed files,
- vpxPrint restart mechanism,
- A complete log…
xSpool is a spooler to exchange and process files locally or between computers over a network.
xSpool calls vpxPrint to build and preview reports, even if the main application is character-based on a different host (Windows, UNIX, Apple).
It is the link between character environments and WINDOWS graphic systems.
It’s a general interface (WORD, EXCEL etc.), it accepts any type of file and selects the registered application to open it.
It searches for files to process:
- locally, on a directory,
- remotely, on a shared drive,
- remotely, on an FTP server.
- In minimized mode in the system tray,
- Able to run *.bat,
- It can unzip *.zip files before processing them.